Episode 39: Why not try swimming?


Thursday


Why not try swimming, I ask Ned when I see him out for his lunchtime trundle around our campus. Despite all the time that’s passed since I ruined his life, his walking still looks a little stiff at times. Ned is quick to point out that he feels like an old man, but I don’t believe him. Old men don’t typically eat their weight in expired hotdogs over a five-day period. 

So, I suggest that he consider swimming for exercise until his leg is 100% again. He had this to say: 

"I'd rather be able to walk. Why are you trying to take that away from me?"

I had no answer, except a look of mute shame. He continued with the most uplifting observation he’s had in months: "All we have to look forward to now is death."

To lighten his mood, I suggest that he consider a career in demotivational speaking. It did lighten his mood, but only because this represented yet another possible income stream for him to covet.

Ned puts the Ferengi to shame. 

Comments