Episode 36: Hallelujah! I survived our golden anniversary and so did Ned

Thursday

Hallelujah! I survived our golden anniversary and so did Ned. I was understandably on edge in the preceding days, as Ned had been circling me like malevolent shark. Waiting. The other day he came into my office, smiled at me for a little too long, and said this: “My teeth hurt from eating.” 

The tension built even more this morning, when I walked by his office door and he warned me to “watch my back.” Little did Ned know of all the wonderful gifts I would give to him later that day.

First, the Tiger's Balm to soothe his aching leg, and then a card: hand-altered with deepest affection and hope for more special moments to come...


... with special words to show how much I supplicate myself before Ned's mercy...


Needless to say, Ned was speechless. Here's hoping we make it to our golden jubilee anniversary. No doubt, fate has already decreed that Ned and I will end up in the same old-age home, with me as his long-suffering Dobby

Comments