Episode 18: It’s late afternoon, and the office is relatively empty

Thursday

It’s late afternoon, and the office is relatively empty. Ned shuffles over to my office door and asks me to watch him walk. He wants to prove that his rehabilitation had proceeded to a point that his gait was, now, back to Nedal. I watch him walk up and down the hallway for a few passes, and his improvement is obvious, but his rehab clearly has a long way to go. However, I soon realize that this was all an excuse for Ned to make fun of me for staring at his butt as he walks. He laughs and laughs, and says he’ll do one more pass for me. Finally, when I go back to my office, Ned stands in my doorway, still laughing, and says this: “Don’t worry, five years from now, I’ll be walking Nedally again.” He then limps off down the hall.

Comments