Episode 22: We had The Great British Columbia ShakeOut drill

Thursday

We had The Great British Columbia ShakeOut drill this morning, during which we’re all supposed to clamber under our desks. It just so happens that I am near Ned’s office for the time when we’re supposed to complete the “Drop, Cover, Hold On” portion of the drill.

“Come in here,” he says. “There’s something under my desk.”

I walk over cautiously, as I have learned from bitter experience to not get too deep into Ned’s lair. Ned points out that if there was an earthquake, he’d be dead already, because he’s not able to bend enough to get under his desk. He then commands me to be his surrogate corpse, and hide under his desk for a while.

Clearly, the thing under his desk is my shame, which I then encounter by hiding under his desk for a full 30 seconds.

Comments