Episode 24: In a recent message-exchange

Tuesday

In a recent message-exchange, Ned opens with the following gripes: 

do you have achilles... i cant reach my achilles to rub it… i can't type anymore... the pain is too much.” 

This is followed by a reminder that we have a colleague’s retirement party to attend, and that I owe him “at least a few beers.”

Ned continues to make healthy withdrawals from my guilt-bank. What choice do I have? Later that day, a couple of us suggest that Ned raise money for his ailment by creating a variation of Amazon.com, called Nedazon.com, which sells expired foods and other people’s trash, but at full-retail prices. The catch is that it’s a charity for Ned’s foundation: Put a Spring in My Step.

We all laugh at this, but then I ask him who’s going to want to buy expired meat, besides him?
“Come over here,” he says, “so I can stab you.”

Looks like I’m the bologna. 

I back away from him slowly.

Comments