Episode 25: It’s the last day of work before we all go on a break

Friday

It’s the last day of work before we all go on a break. Two days before, I had to interview for my job, and Ned was on the panel. So, my break from work might have been forever, and my guilt freed at last. My creeping fear was that Ned would ask me about “workplace safety,” and ask me to comment on the “hypothetical” scenario of what I would do if a colleague had a massive leg injury as a result of another colleague’s negligence…. 

Luckily, he only glowered at me a little, and then smiled at the end, like a tiger does at a deer it’s about to eat.

Later, he tells me that he wants to keep me around a little longer, because, as he put it, he has “many more plans” for me. Turns out that the only question he wanted to add was this: “Would you rather have your tires slashed, or your Achilles tendon slashed?”

These are now very real choices in my life. 

Comments